Everyone with recent respiratory symptoms or other symptoms of covid-19 should take a test. This also applies to vaccinated persons, close contacts of persons with detected covid-19 infection, and those who have travelled to areas with a high prevalence of covid-19.
Testing is free.
How to make an appointment for testing
You can get a PCR test at the test station in Skreia. The station is open Monday to Friday. You must always make an appointment for testing in forehand.
You can schedule a test appointment online. Please press the button below.
Order corona test
11. Nov 2021: Right now we have a periodic increase in test booking. If you get a message that the time you are trying to book is unavailable, we ask that you choose another test time, or try again a little later.
When the appointment is scheduled, you will receive an SMS as a confirmation. You must show up at the agreed time.
If you are not able to schedule an appointment online, you can call telephone 948 62 002. However, we recommend that you schedule your appointment online if possible.
The testing usually takes place at 1 PM every weekday, but if necessary there will be several test periods during the day. You will see what available times when you log on to the scheduling system.
Quick tests (self-test)
The municipality distributes free antigen rapid tests that are intended for self-testing if you have a respiratory infection (also applies if you have been vaccinated) or are unvaccinated and a close contact with an infected person.
Self-tests can be picked up:
- at the test station outside Skreia medical centre (Monday to Friday at 8-15.30 and Saturday / Sunday at 10-13). You do not need to call in advance, just knock on the door of the test station and ask for a self-test (see poster on the door).
- at the library at the town hall in Lena within opening hours (Monday to Thursday 10-19, Friday 10-16, Saturday 11-14). Everyone who picks up tests MUST wear a face mask and keep a good distance from staff and visitors to the library.
If you get a positive test result on the rapid test, you must call the infection tracking team on telephone 482 22 482 immediately.
Where and when is the testing carried out?
Testing takes place outdoors in a tent in the parking lot of Skreia Medical Center. The address is Stasjonsvegen 15, 2848 Skreia. Map to the test center
The test station is normally closed on weekends and holidays. Exceptions may occur in major corona outbreaks.
When and how do you get an answer to the PCR test?
You should stay at home in quarantine and avoid infecting others while waiting for your test results.
If you are imposed a quarantine because you have been in close contact with an infected person, you must in any case be in quarantine as long as you have been told to by the the infection tracking team.
The answer to the test normally arrives within 1-2 days.
If you have an Norwegian personal identification number (personnummer) you can find your test results online at Helsenorge.no. Otherwise you will be contacted and informed about the test results as soon as it is available.
"Positive answer" means that the test shows that you are infected, "negative answer" means that it shows that you are not infected.
What to do if you get a positive test
- If the PCR test is positive, you will be contacted by a member of the infection tracing team, who will provide you with all the necessary information.
- If your rapid test is positive, you must contact the infection tracing team at phone no 482 22 582 as soon as possible, and isolate yourself.
- Information for persons who have had a test performed on coronavirus